Thursday, May 29, 2014

TSD: Philosophy, Science and Art I


All the options are, still, open. We can fall victim to our own base primitivity, and be erased from the face of the earth once and for all. Or we can challenge our base primitivity, raise ourselves above our dismal condition, and fight our way towards the next step in human evolution - that is, to gain a solid foothold from an another planet and be blessed and cursed - once again - by an entirely new set of challenges and ordeals.

Let’s start from the beginning. People have a wide range of different world views. Some base their basic world view on revealed teachings of the great religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam), while others base theirs on thoughts of the world-renowned philosophers, such as Plato, Aristotle, Immanuel Kant and René Descartes. Then there also those people who won’t accept anything other than the hard science. In real life, of course, world views are based on various ingredients. Classic example is an evolutionary biologist who, all his hard science notwithstanding, still clings to an idea of ‘heavenly watchmaker’. But, what kind of building blocks your basic world view is built with? 

All too often I have felt I knew only to have something change my mind. I have learned that basic world views need not be singular nor can any single one include everything I need; - eventually I have come to understand that I am able to live in the world without being able to explain it – but I never cease to study it, learn what others have to say or write of it, and remain aware that my mind is vulnerable to conclusion. It is too fascinating a place to have really plumbed any depth – the best I have managed so far is the workings of Phorm which constitutes for me the basic blocks if you will. The impression I have of the world is multiplicitous however, meaning that I will use any given form until such time I no longer need it, it is superseded by another, or it is necessary to treat it as a singularity for any amount of time.

***

 I attempt to base my Worldview on experiences I have had, not what others say. Now I do read and enjoy philosophers of all different stripes quite a bit, but I make the buck stop with me in regards to what is what.

***

Philosophy, natural science, and personal experiences are the building blocks of my basic world view. Religion - religion as such - have had very little influence on my world view, but my experiences with believers and religionists, especially as a youngster, had quite an impact on my understanding of psychological apparatus of humans and how it can be affected and manipulated. Needless to say, if you are seriously interested to learn about such things, religious circles should be your university of choice.   


***

Perhaps we should begin with considering that before the advent of the great religions, and the further cultural distortion driving to a totally homo-centric and materialistic world-view developed during the centuries and culminating in the current state of things and of thought, religion/magick/spirituality, science, philosophy and culture were all aspects of one same thing, an organic Tradition, each people having its own and their own level of understanding. The separation came with the intrusion of eastern religions and their causing a degeneration in the ability of man to evolve according to its natural Wyrd. This caused the loss of certain human qualities or interrupted the development of others still latent, reducing humanity to a mass of swarming, useless parasites with no aim or vision, or even curiosity about their own and the world's nature and meaning. My basic world view today is based on several different points, being: that there is something missing, and that there are things that are not what they seem, and that there are many things we should strive to know of the three worlds of Psyche, Earth and Cosmos (and of Chaos), and that what is made pass for reality is just an illusion, a trick, an artificial construct, a distortion in our mind, and that there are other things in this world beyond us humans, some visible and some invisible, and thus we should re-dimension our self-supposed importance and superiority: there is something missing in what we know of our and Earth's and the Cosmos' history, forces and Being. Things are not what they seem as we are unable to REALLY see beyond the illusion we are showed. We should strive to know and Remember and take back our path from where it was interrupted and really evolve towards what we should be and manifest our latent/blocked potential. Reality is an illusion in that (being one aspect) if one tries to detach from the mundane, from the modern cities for a while, to lose him/herself in nature, wild, desolate nature, than it becomes clear that all we see daily is built out of fear and inadequateness, that most of it is just superfluous and totally detaches us from REALITY, from Nature, from what and how things REALLY are, from THEM, from what we should be, that this is NOT the world. There is something in this that tries to make us feel its presence, to Remember and disrupt our mental constructs and deviations and makes a will to also disrupt the order of things - in their material aspect - as they appear in the "world", emerge from deep within and from primeval ancient parts of our Being. The magian have not succeeded in burying this Being totally under their artifices and be forgotten or dead. There are some who Remember, through which such Beings and Forces live and affirm their presence and re-emerge on both Psychic, Eorthian and Cosmic planes.


***

Vantages. As many as humanly possible. When you understand what validates a world view you understand what invalidates a world view. It is the interplay of forms and with forms that decides how the Phyrm appears to us. But all of this is being covered in our behemoth tome, pMYRIAD.


***

Experience. Any book is the subjective conclusion of an individual resulting from the sum of his/her experiences. Experiences change, so do conclusions, and successively convictions. “Y’a que les imbéciles qui ne changent pas d’avis!” A book is always a snap-shot. As long as one bears this in mind they can be of tremendous help and support to be/come awake – and stay vigilant. 


I have never been good at believing others can show me how the world works, though I have learnt a lot from reading many different types of material from religious texts, philosophers, literary icons and scientific papers, no one idea has ever seemed to cover it all. I think all these categories and more play roles in building a proper world view. And everything you've ever read can turn to shit in an instant when faced with an experience. To me everything is connected... everything.


***

Due to my supra-emotional experiences during my puberty I was predisposed to the so called “subjective idealism”. Later my basic philosophic blocks were formed by the ideas of Arthur Schopenhauer and Friedrich Nietzsche. I found the former’s philosophy to be a synthesis of all the human experience and the latter’s one as the antidote against Schopenhauer’s intellectual poison. Yet these ideas were not adequate to meet my life experiences. I did really come to realize that the human state is something which is to be overcome. Here the archetype of Satan - not as the Magian villain but as an ideal of going beyond the whole human-centric model of perception, became actual for my way of living. And of course, the practical means of achieving that purpose was magic. I find both religion and science as inadequate to my personal quest of going beyond the human matrix. They are tools created to serve humanity, not the individual who seeks after an inhuman evolution. Their “objectivity” is the first which is to be overcome by the sorcerer who is to impose his or her subjective will on the objective reality by supreme acts of  sorcery, or black magic. 
     

One of the major reasons why people turn towards religion, philosophy and science, is to get reliable answers to the basic questions of life. Firstly, what are we? Secondly, where do we come from? And thirdly, where are we going? I’m well aware that these are not easy questions to answer in the space provided by an interview format, but could you, still, try to answer these three questions?

1) No idea. But we are influenced by and influence forms and forces and this has defined us. 
2) We're part of natures quest to evolve a larger organism. We have a long way to go but will eventually be instrumental to colonizing the earth. Earth will become sentient in a new way, perhaps electrically connecting its entirety. 
3) We will get into space. And we will feel necessary for a long time. But we may just be a conduit to another stage. 

***
 
What are we? We're imperfect beings that have been blessed and cursed with creative, intelligent minds.

Where do we come from? We come from whatever society we are born into.

Where are we going? To whatever the next step is. 

***


1) We are just a bunch of hairless monkeys, who believe that a serious lack of hair constitute a little god. What a sad bunch of monkeys we are.
2) From the long line of evolution kept check by the natural selection. 
3) All the options are, still, open. We can fall victim to our own base primitivity, and be erased from the face of the earth once and for all. Or we can challenge our base primitivity, raise ourselves above our dismal condition, and fight our way towards the next step in human evolution - that is, to gain a solid foothold from an another planet and be blessed and cursed - once again - by an entirely new set of challenges and ordeals.


***

The most realistic answer to all these questions could be that we actually do not know at all. But trying some hypothesis. What are we? Are we the result of chance? Are we the materialized projection of some kind of higher consciousness? Are we the result of evolution? Are we the result of alien experiments? Are we the degenerated shadow of a higher/"divine" race? Are we a dream? Where do we come from? It seems proved that we are made of the same chemical elements stars are made of, thus it seems we somewhat come from the Cosmos, which doesn't explain anything actually apart being very fascinating (after all isn't Earth in the Cosmos?), and where does our form/image, and our awareness and intelligence, come from has no reliable answer, some theories say that it is all in the DNA and working through the brain's synapses, others that the brain is just an antenna connected to fields of Energy - the mind, in ancient times mind and soul were the same thing, Psyche. It is renown though that parts of both our DNA and brain are unused/deactivated and this is very strange, they must be there for some reason, well this diverges from the question. Where are we going? Currently, nowhere we should be going to if you ask me. But would we even be going through our natural Wyrd and path, the destination of this journey and what we actually seek remains unknown so far. Because even if we try to live a deeper existence, going through hard trials to become something better and find truth and a sense to what we are, even if we disrupt the current state of things and heal our minds of the magian-induced atrophy and become able to look behind the illusory facade, are we sure that what we would see - or what we see already according to one's own reached level of Alchemical Change - then would be/are clear answers to our questions? Even this we do not know, we don't know the final destination, or if there actually is one. Relating to this, I would even add a question I personally deem rather crucial too related to and perhaps summing up, the others we considered over: Why are we (and all other Things) here?


***

What are we? Human. Conduits. Food. Nature. Learning. Evolving. Relevant only to our Species. An exasperation by nature to go beyond then present limitations, a mutation that excelled by chance vs necessity. Where do we come from? Stardust. Where does stardust come from? It's a mystery. Where does the mystery come from? Asking questions such as Where do we come from? Where are we going? We're not going anywhere. I'm going to the pub and then for a run around the lake. Makes as much sense as anything else.


***

I don’t – because reasoning and the intellect belongs to the causal. The answer to those questions does not. The mind just compares whatsoever with what it already knows – words are crutches and restrict/limit everything. We can share knowledge but never ‘experience’ with words or how will you tell the taste of honey or the scent of a rotten corpse to someone who never experienced it before.
      
 ***

1) Living creatures.
2) Other living creatures.
3) We are going on as living creatures.


***

For me there is no hope for the human race, it’s almost fucked up, so I wouldn’t like to concern myself with the problem of “we” and “us” - I’ve found myself entrapped within the biological matrix of some sentient species which knows almost nothing about itself. About 200 000 years old and about 6000 years of documented history only. A considerable lack of any meaningful concept about itself and life in general - even that of the mystery which is to be discovered. Its developed material technology serves its consumerism only. The very fact that the Magian have succeeded in taking the rule of human civilization speaks very badly about the human race itself. That means that the worst, not the best of humans are in power. That portends catastrophe and extinction. 

I would like to offer here some non-Abrahamic/Magian eschatology: According to the ancient tradition of the Land of the Reed Lords (KI.EN.GI - known today as the historic Sumer) humanity was created to continue the work of the Noble Ones (A.NUN.NA deities) on the Creation. Doing that work would be honour rather than slavery. Working, however, for other humans who have lost any connection with the Noble Ones, and thus become subhumans, is a slavery. And, since the present world is ruled generally by such subhuman scum, who would be mere slaves during the time when the avatars of the Noble Ones still reigned on the earth, this present human world is doomed.

What mainly concerns me is my own individual growing as something other than human. That quest of mine involves knowing as much as possible about humanity as the entrapment I found myself  in but I don’t feel obliged to know everything except what concerns me subjectively. The sorcerer makes use of anything created by men without becoming addicted thereto.  
  
 
Could you name three philosophers who have most influenced your world view? Could you also open a little bit what made you choose these three? 

Carl Jung. Lewis Carroll. Richard Moult. There are three major elements that these philosophers brought to my life. Psychology. Absurdity. Numinosity.

***

Dan_Dread, Chloe of WSA352 fame, and Anton Lavey.

Each really spoke to me at one point or another in my life. Anton because my father was a closeted LaVeyan Satanist and my entire childhood I was spoonfed that worldview. 
 
The other two make the cut due to having interacted with them personally quite a bit. That effected me more than reading something somewhere.

***

NiccolòMachiavelli and Thomas Hobbes for their honest appraisal of human nature and its role in the formation, maintenance and destruction of human society. 

Friedrich Nietzsche for his genealogical method and general philosophical ideal. 


***

Friedrich W. Nietszche and Julius Evola, more than influencing it from nothing, their works confirmed my world view and helped me to clear many reasons for my feelings and thoughts as they were at the time and some aspects I didn't understand very clearly. They also were crucial for the developing of a certain sense of things that I had latent back then and begin to understand that one viewpoint doesn't necessarily exclude another seemengly contradictory one. Evola was especially important to me even for his more spiritual approach and magical culture and experiences. His books and other writings really meant the beginning of internal change and even of modifying my way of living. As a third choice let me mention various representatives of ancient Greek thought and philosophy without giving any name, many influenced me and expressed things which matched my ways.
***

Let's be honest, those that most influenced my worldview are probably aeons dead and have no remembered names. Sathatanas and Ryan Anschauung have together ripped open my eyes. The conversations we have always make me scratch my head. Was Lovecraft a philosopher?


***

All of the authors, scientists, philosophers whom I met or whose books I read inspired me and still do.


Sartre,( Dostoyevsky, Ferdinand Celine) – who made the pitiousness of the human obvious to me, Hesse – who opened kind of a window to rebellion and freedom and Poe who made me feel comfortable in my conflict with the environment I faced by the time are just coming to my mind now, as they influenced me at a rather early age / around 12. There are other authors who inspired me just as much and more, like RA. There are still these ‘first time’ experiences – happening more rarely nowadays but still occur. This experience of ‘Deep Knowing’,that tastes like lost innocence – it can never be undone/unknown – no matter how unsettling one might find it.


***

William Burroughs. Simone De Bouvare. RA of Them.  My two children. I chose to name these people because they influenced me greatly, and positively.


***


I’ve named two till now. Though I’ve read certain works of others too, I couldn’t say they have much influenced my world view. I find the philosophy only as an intellectual exercise which cannot compensate the lack of emotional intelligence and real life experience. Nietzsche was surely a great man of genius but his personal life couldn’t  serve to me as an example as did Aleister Crowley at the time. Nietzsche longed for military fame, but because of his myopia was taken to serve as a mere medical orderly during the Franco-Prussian War in 1870-71. Instead of being the man of great deeds indulging in “wine, women and songs” he became a professor on philology at his 24, and got syphilis which destroyed his life even without having some meaningful sexual experience. Aleister Crowley not only shared a philosophy similar to Nietzsche’s but adventured all over the world, climbed the highest mountains, hunted wild beasts, killed people both by magic and by gun, did intelligence services during the wars, established cults, fucked their high priestesses, wrote poetry and books on magick etc. and etc. But even Crowley lived 72 years only, and didn’t see the fruits of his life quest - that vast English speaking occulture in which even we of the Sinister current participate. It’s ridiculous to blame Crowley of using Magian forms - were there any other forms available during his time except the Golden Dawn?              

 
And then three scientists and/or scientific innovators?

Not three, no. I am fascinated by the stories of progress of Electricity, Weather and Neuro-science by whomever is involved.

***


Charles Darwin for his theory of evolution, which is - like it or not - The Great Story of our times. 

Richard Dawkins for his theory of selfish gene, which really changed my basic understanding of human motivation. 

Stephen Hawking for being a genuine example of true scientific spirit and for providing vistas to the infinity.   


***

Nikola Tesla, Massimo Corbucci, Viktor Schauberger.


***

When I look at the types and barrage of technology now coming to my realization of being developed such as the 3D printer, Google Glass,invisibility cloaks, bitcoins, nanobots, cyborg implementations it's just staggering. I could choose three but I'd prefer to wait because I think the best and most chronic cultural shifts are going to happen in the near future. 


***


Carl Gustav Jung and Wolfgang Pauli overcame old patterns and built in my view a necessary bridge.


***

 Johannes Gutenberg (inventor of printing press), Leonardo da Vinci, McDonalds.



***

Though having myself some academic education and though being interested in many sciences, I have no favorite scientists and scholars. They all serve the human machine I refuse belonging to, and which on its part have termed me as a psychopath. Whatever innovation is there, it will be of military use first, and the military serves the human status quo only. I have my interests in history, archaeology, linguistics, anthropology, psychology, neurology, botany, zoology, geography, astronomy etc. but nothing of them could provide the meaning of life as does magic and sorcery to me.       
 
http://thetempleofthem.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment